I’m aware that its rare that you get to hear about this hydrosol but that doesn’t make its amazing qualities any less. The hydrosol is quite amazing at healing and curing many acute and for that matter, even chronic health related problems.
The health benefits of Niaouli Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like analgesic, anti rheumatic, anti septic, bactericidal, balsamic, cicatrisant, decongestant, expectorant, febrifuge, insecticide, stimulant, vermifuge and vulnerary.
Niaouli is a large evergreen tree. The botanical name of Niaouli is Melaleuca Viridiflora and it is a native to Australia and a few neighbouring places. Due to the disinfectant and anti septic properties, it is widely used in a large variety of cosmetics such as lotions, creams, soaps, toothpastes etc. The essential oil of Niaouli is extracted through steam distillation of its fresh leaves and tender twigs. The main components of this oil are alpha phellandrene, alpha pinene, beta pinene, cineole, gamma terpineol, limonene, linalool and piperitone.
Let us now investigate the medicinal properties of this oil in little more details.
- Analgesic: The pain relieving property of this oil makes it a good analgesic. It cuts out pain by inducing numbness in the nerves and by desensitizing the area. It is very effective in pains of headache, migraine, toothache, earache, muscle and joint pain and pain due to sprains.
- Anti Rheumatic: This oil stimulates circulation of blood and lymph and prevents accumulation of uric acid in the joints as well as brings warmth. These two things together help give relief from rheumatism and arthritis, gout etc.
- Anti Septic: Open wounds are prone to infections since bacteria, fungi and other microbes have very good chances of getting into the blood stream through these wounds. Bacteria also abode the uro-genital tracts, colon, prostrate, intestines and kidneys and cause infections of the urethra and other parts. The Essential Oil of Niaouli, with all its anti septic properties, can inhibit bacterial growth in the above mentioned areas and gives good protection against septic, tetanus and infections of the other internal organs.
- Bactericidal: This oil kills bacteria and inhibits bacterial growth and infections.
- Balsamic: This oil promotes growth and boosts health by promoting proper absorption and distribution of the nutrients in the body. It also increases strength.
- Cicatrisant: You would never like to see scars on your face or your skin. You have also tried those creams and lotions in the market but got no results. Then why don’t you give a try to this oil of Niaouli. Being a cicatrisant, it diminishes scars and after marks left by acne, pimples or pox on the skin. This oil speeds up growth of new tissues and cells in the affected area and gives it a brand new look. These new tissues will replace the old and the damaged tissues of the scars and the scars will ultimately fade away.
- Decongestant: It opens up congestion of lungs, bronchi, larynx, pharynx, trachea and the nasal tracts by clearing deposition of phlegm in those parts. This helps you breathe easily and have a good sleep at the end of the day.
- Expectorant: The expectorant property of this oil loosens toughened depositions of phlegm or catarrh in the lungs, bronchi, larynx, pharynx, trachea and the nasal tracts and gives relief from heaviness in the chest, coughs and congestion.
Have a look at our reference links now -