Orange, if for once we talk about the fruit itself, we’ll know that it is the juiciest and the most tangy of fruits. Consuming 2-3 regularly can do wonders for the human skin. Now, even if it’s about the hydrosol or juice of this amazing fruit, the benefits need not be counted.
The health benefits of Orange Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like anti inflammatory, anti depressant, anti spasmodic, anti septic, aphrodisiac, carminative, diuretic, tonic, sedative and cholagogue.
This essential oil is obtained from the peels of orange by cold compression. Although all of you know oranges very well, still, let me give you its botanical name. It is Citrus Sinensis. The liquid which comes in the packet of orange flavored soft drink concentrates is sometimes this oil. The main components of this oil are Alpha Pinene, Citronellal, Geranial, Sabinene, Myrcene, Limonene, Linalool and Neral.
Essential oil of orange has a wide variety of domestic, industrial and medicinal uses. Domestically, it is used to add orange flavor to beverages, desserts and sweetmeats. Industrially, it is used in soaps, body lotions, creams, anti mark and wrinkle lifting applications, concentrates for soft beverages, room fresheners, sprays, deodorants, biscuits, chocolates, confectionary and bakery items and many such.
We have seen its domestic and industrial uses. Let’s see some of its medicinal uses.
- Anti Inflammatory: It gives quick and effective relief from inflammations, internal or external and caused by any reason such as over intake of spices, fever, infections, side effects of antibiotics, gas, ingestion of toxic substances, narcotics etc.
- Anti Depressant: The very smell of it reminds you of the happy moments and brings happy thoughts to mind. That is why it is very much used in aromatherapy. This gives a happy, relaxed feeling and works as a mood lifter.
- Anti Spasmodic: Spasm can give rise to a lot of problems such as continuous coughs, convulsions, cramps in muscles and extreme diarrhea. To avoid them, spasm must be cured early. This can be done with the help of Orange Essential Oil which relaxes the muscular and nervous spasm and gives relief from the problems discussed above.
- Aphrodisiac: It has mild aphrodisiac properties, if not strong. Systematic and regular use can cure problems such as frigidity, erectile problems, impotence, loss of interest in sex etc.
- Anti Septic: Wherever there is a cut or abrasion, there is the fear of the wound getting septic bacterial infection. More so when it is from an iron object. The worry is doubled as there remains a chance of it might getting infected by tetanus germs. Essential Oil of Orange might help us avoid both septic and tetanus as it inhibits microbial growth and disinfects the wounds.
Go through our reference links now -