The hydrosol is used for a number of purposes and the most important one being, helping in digestion. The hydrosol has many amazing properties that deal with the internal problems of the human body very effectively.
Rose Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens) is a well-loved fragrance used for cosmetics; food, tea & alcohol flavorings, perfumery, and holistic healing…especially for emotional balance / stress, the skin, and women’s endocrine system issues.
Physically, it helps with hormonal balance, liver & kidney functions, discharges toxins from the liver that may be impacting the body’s overall well-being. (opens the the Solar Plexus). Supports digestive, nervous, & circulatory systems Has antiseptic qualities.
- Cardiovascular: Improves blood flow / reduces bleeding, Hemorrhoids; Varicose veins;
- Digestive support: Traditionally used to treat Diarrhea, Dysentery and Colic; Gallstones, heals Ulcers, supports Liver detoxification (dilates bile ducts), balances the Pancreas;
- Hormonal support: A vital component in the treatment of Endometriosis, Hormonal balance, Pre-Menstrual & Menopausal symptoms, reputed to help with Uterine and Breast Cancer (would certainly help the patient to relax and cope with the pain)
- Oral health: Sore throats & infections;
- Nervous System: Remedy for Herpes & Shingles, relieves Neuralgia, regenerates Nerve tissue, so may be useful for disease or chemo-induced Neuropathy;
- Skin regeneration: Acne, Burns, Bruises, Eczema, Frostbite, Infections, Insect repellent & soothes Bites & Bee stings, Ringworm, heals Sores & Wounds; good as an Oily Skin Cleanser to balance the sebum;
- Stress & Anxiety related issues: Confusion, useful for promoting Concentration, Depression, Insomnia, Panic & Anxiety, Tension;
- Urinary Tract: Kidney stones
You can use rose geranium essential oil in baths, massage oil, diffusion in the home, in a vaporizer, in organic cream or shampoo bases, or other organic products. As it is an insect repellent, you can use a few drops on a tissue if you are sitting outside or even at home to avoid insect bites. However, essential oils are very strong and only one or two drops should be used. It should not be applied undiluted on the skin as it can create irritations or burns and rose geranium essential oil should be avoided by pregnant women. Also, chose an organic essential oil to guarantee its quality as fragrance essential oils do not carry the therapeutic effects a therapeutic grade oil does.
Go through our reference links now -