Hydrosols are the best of liquids for the skin. They are mild and natural and light and give about a lively glow to the suface of the skin by penetrating in deep. They are used for many other puposes than simply using on skin too.
Hydrosols are also used for their wonderful and diverse flavors for culinary and beverage flavoring purposes. Additionally, hydrosols have a wonderful reputation for their therapeutic benefit when used internally.
Such usage, however, requires more care and precautionary awareness than topical or room fragrancing hydrosol usage. Hydrosols are water-based and are more prone to contamination than essential oils. When improperly stored or handled, hydrosols can become contaminated and potentially unsafe to consume.
- Facial Spray: Close your eyes and lightly mist your face.
- Body Spray: Lightly mist your body to feel cooled and refreshed. Depending on the aromatic intensity of the hydrosol used, your body will be left lightly fragranced.
- Gentle Hair Fragrancing Spray: Mist your hair to leave it hydrated and lightly fragranced.
- Deodorant Spray: Mist under arms and as needed elsewhere (avoid directly spraying genitals) to help prevent body odor. Hydrosols with antibacterial properties can be especially helpful in minimizing body odor.
- Foot Spray: Mist the tops and bottoms of feet to help control foot odor and to refresh your feet. Hydrosols with antibacterial properties can be especially helpful in minimizing foot odor.
- Anti-Itch Spray: Peppermint Hydrosol and Witch Hazel Hydrosol can help to ease itching caused by dry skin, dandruff and insect bites.
- Air Freshening Spray: Use hydrosols to freshen a room and to benefit from the emotional and therapeutic properties that are inherent with the chosen hydrosol(s). Simply spray the hydrosol within your space as you would most any room mist. Do be careful to avoid furniture, other people, pets, open beverages and foods. Hydrosols can be used in place of water within AromaWeb’s Air Freshener Recipe.
- Linen Spray: Use hydrosols to freshen and fragrance sheets, towels and other linens. Hydrosols can be used in place of water within AromaWeb’s Bed Linen Recipe.
- Garment Freshening Spray: Lightly spray clothes (avoid sensitive and delicate fabrics) to impart a gentle aroma and to help eliminate unpleasant musty, smoky or other odors.
Go through our reference links now -