More than anything else, most people are unaware that floral waters can make amazing mood-boosters. The oils are quite soothing and calming in nature. That is the major reason that they’re a part of almost all aroma-therapies.
During the summer hydrosols are perfect to use as a cooling body mist, and the most cooling of all is Peppermint. Make sure you take some with you to use on holidays, on the beach and even to cool those aching tootsies when you are out shopping! Hydrosols help to revitalise you when your energies are beginning to flag, and a few sprays onto a tissue makes a handy wet-wipe for all sorts of applications including babies and grubby children.
To calm a restless baby try adding a few tablespoons of Lavender or Chamomile hydrosol into their bathwater. This can be especially beneficial if your baby is suffering from nappy rash or eczema, because the soothing properties of these hydrosols help calm the irritation and speed up the healing process.
Talking about the many uses of hydrosols -
- Use hydrosols instead of water in your favorite lotion or soap recipe
- Use as a facial mist or toner, after cleansing.
- Use soothing hydrosols (comfrey, lemon balm, yarrow) on sunburn, rashes, or to cleanse wounds.
- Add to your bathwater for a homeopathic bath treatment.
- Use as a room spray, linen spray, or body spray
- Use as a hair rinse or scalp treatment – makes a wonderful “leave-in” conditioner
- Use as a mist for tired, sweaty, feet
Hydrosols are quite safe to use on young children, and since they only contain a small amount of essential oil they do not need diluting much further except as above when using with very young babies.
Hydrosols such as Rose or Neroli can be added to the final rinse water in your washing cycle as well as used as a fragrant linen spray whilst ironing since they smell much nicer than their synthetic counterparts. Around the house, hydrosols are great to freshen the air instead of using aerosols which of course are harmful to the environment.
Go through our reference links now -