Hyssop hydrosol isn’t all that popular if we politely compare it to its other natural counterparts, still the ebnfits that it does to the human body has brought this ‘not-so-popular-until-now’ natural hydrosol to the big notice of the world.
The health benefits of Hyssop Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like Astringent, Stimulant, Anti Spasmodic, Anti Rheumatic, Anti Septic, Carminative, Cicatrisant, Digestive, Diuretic, Emenagogue, Expectorant, Hypertensive, Nervine, Sudorific, Tonic, Febrifuge, Vermifuge and Vulnerary.
The Essential Oil of Hyssop is extracted with the help of steam distillation of leaves and flower of a shrub called Hyssop. In the botanical world, it is known by the name Hyssopus Officinalis. This shrub grows mainly in the Mediterranean region and was known as Holy or Sacred herb in ancient times. Hyssop, due to its disinfectant and anti microbial properties, found its place even in the Old Testament as a purifier. The chief constituents of Hyssop Essential Oil are Alpha Pinene, Camphene, Beta Pinene, Sabinene, Myrcene, Limonene, Pinocamphone, Iso-Pinocamphene, Gamma Terpineol, Cineole and Thujone.
Ancient people were not wrong in identifying the medicinal properties of this Essential Oil. We too, can benefit from the following medicinal properties of Hyssop Oil.
- Astringent: The function of an astringent is to contract or cause to shrink. Hyssop Essential Oil, being an astringent, makes the gums, muscles of limbs and abdomen, intestines, skin, tissues and blood vessels to contract. This can help you in many ways. This can prevent muscles and skin from shagging down, swaying and fall of teeth, wrinkles and haemorrhage by contracting blood vessels.
- Anti Spasmodic: Being an anti spasmodic, it gives relief in spasm of respiratory system, thereby curing spasmodic coughs; spasm of nervous system to cure convulsions and related problems; muscular spasm to cure cramps and spasm of intestines giving relief from acute abdominal pain. It is also beneficial in curing spasmodic cholera.
- Anti Rheumatic: Since Hyssop Oil improves and promotes circulation, it helps cure diseases associated with poor circulation, such as rheumatism, arthritis, gout, swelling etc.
- Anti Septic: Whenever we are wounded or get a cut or abrasion, our first worry is that the wound might get septic. If it is from an iron object, then there remains a chance of it might getting infected by tetanus. Hyssop Oil, applied on wounds, might help us avoid both of the above situations. Since it is an anti septic, it prevents infections to develop in wounds.
- Carminative: This oil, having carminative properties, helps clear gases from intestines and relieves you of problems like uneasiness, heaviness, indigestion, stomachaches, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and even heart troubles. Further, Hyssop Oil does not let formation of gas. It gives a downward passage to gas.
Go thorugh our reference links now -