Cumin seeds are quite popular in Asia, they’re highly sought after as Asians love to add them in certain special dishes. The culinary uses of these are innumerable. And again, the hydrosol obtained from these seeds is even more precious and useful.
The health benefits of Cumin Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like bactericidal, carminative, digestive, diuretic, anti septic, anti spasmodic, detoxifier, emenagogue, stimulant, nervine and tonic.
Essential Oils of Cumin is extracted from its dried and crushed seeds through steam distillation. Cumin is scientifically known as Cuminum Cyminum. Cumin is so popular, as a spice all over the world, that it does not need any introduction. But Cumin Essential Oil does. Nearly all the medicinal properties of Cumin come from its essential oils, which, in its pure form, is far more effective and beneficial than cumin seeds. The Cumin Essential oil is composed mainly of Cuminic Acid, Cymene, Dipentene, Limonene, Phellandrene and Pinene. It has astonishing medicinal properties and health benefits.
Let us get astonished with the most promising of them.
- Bactericidal: It is a good bactericide. It can be used in treatment of diarrhea and cholera which are caused by bacteria. Further, it can cure internal bacterial infections like in colon, stomach, intestines and urinary tract as well as external infections on skin, ears, eyes and in wounds.
- Carminative: Cumin Oil has strong carminative properties and efficiently drives away gases from intestines. It also prevents further formation of gases.
- Digestive: Cumin Oil aids digestion (but should be taken in low doses, high doses can do just the reverse and can also make you vomit), promotes discharge of bile and gastric juices and also stimulates peristaltic motion of the intestines. Its smell acts as an appetizer.
- Diuretic: Cumin Oil increases urination, both in frequency and in quantity. This may sound not that important but it can be very beneficial for health. With urine, fats are lost from the body to the extent of 4% of the volume of urine. So, it is obvious, the more you urinate, the more you lose fat. Then, urination promotes digestion and also does not let gas form. It removes excess water from the body and reduces swelling etc. Its biggest contribution is that it removes toxins from the body. What’s more, it also reduces blood pressure. That is the reason most of the drugs for lowering blood pressure induce frequent urination. Urination also helps clean kidneys.
- Anti Septic: The anti septic properties of Cumin Oil do not let the external and internal cuts and wounds go septic.
Go through our reference links now -