Okay I know the name is a little long and not so common, but once you start listening to the uses and benefits of Frankincense hydrosol, you’d get it now, somehow anyhow. The hydrosol id an amazing antiseptic and the topical application of it can do wonders.
The health benefits of Frankincense Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like anti septic, disinfectant, astringent, carminative, cicatrisant, cytophylactic, digestive, diuretic, emenagogue, expectorant, sedative, tonic, uterine and vulnerary
Frankincense Oil is extracted from gum or resin of Frankincense or Olibanum tree, whose scientific name is Boswellia Carteri. Main components of this essential oil are Alpha Pinene, Actanol, Bornyl Acetate, Linalool, Octyl Acetate, Incensole and Incensyl Acetate. Frankincense has been a popular ingredient of cosmetics and incense burners since ages. Its instances have been found in the remains of ancient Egyptian and Anglo-Saxon civilizations. It is also associated with religious activities.
Apart from being used as a cosmetic and as a fragrance, it has numerous medicinal uses, which are summarized as under.
- Anti Septic & Disinfectant: Frankincense Oil is good as an anti septic. Even the fume or smoke obtained on its burning has anti septic and disinfectant qualities and eliminates the germs in the whole place affected with fume. It can be applied on wounds without any harm or side effect to protect them from tetanus and being septic. It is equally good on internal wounds and protects them from infections.
- Astringent: The astringent property of Frankincense Oil has many benefits. It strengthens gums, hair roots, tones and lifts skin, contracts muscles, intestines and blood vessels, thereby giving protection from untimely fall of tooth and hair, wrinkles, loss of firmness of intestines and muscles of abdominal area and limbs associated with age and above all, helps stop flow of blood from wounds and cuts. This astringent property also helps cure diarrhea of certain types.
- Carminative: Frankincense oil drives away gas and also prevents its formation. This removal of gases from intestines also gives relief from associated problems such as stomach ache, pain in the abdominal region and chest, abnormal sweating, uneasiness, indigestion and many such.
- Cicatrisant: This is an interesting property of Frankincense Oil. It makes the scars and after marks of boils, acne and pox etc. on the skin to fade away. This includes fading of stretch marks and surgery marks, fat cracks etc. associated with pregnancy and delivery.
- Cytophylactic: Being a Cytophylactic, Frankincense Oil promotes regeneration of healthy cells and also keeps the existing cells and tissues healthy.
Have a look at our reference links now -