Talking about the best of benefits of hydrosols, I have come up with an entire list of benefits of the same. Hydrosols, as a matter of fact, are quite popular in the market, owe that to their many healing and curing properties. Discussing the best of benefits.
- Mouthwash: Peppermint or Spearmint Hydrosol is fantasic for mouth care.
- Hot Flashes: Mist your face and neck with a cooling hydrosol like Peppermint, Geranium, Lime or Clary Sage hydrosol.
- Digestion: Many people add 1 drop of Peppermint essential oil to their water bottles, but given how concentrated essential oils are, that will be too intense for many and it’s easy to add too much. Peppermint hydrosol, on the other hand, is perfect to add to drinking water! Just add a couple of tablespoons of Peppermint hydrosol to a litre of water and you’ve got a great digestive aid. It will give you a refreshing lift.
- Bath: Add 1/2 C of your favorite hydrosol for a relaxing bath. My favorites are the flower hydrosols like Rose, Lavender, Clary Sage
- Humidifier: Add to your humidifier water to a lovely aroma.
- Hair Rinse: After you’ve washed your hair and rinsed the products out, give your hair a final rinse with hydrsol to leave your hair smelling clean and lovely. Your scalp will thank you, too.
- Energetically: You an make an energetic spray with any of the hydrosols to help balance your chakras and energy field and give you an emotional lift. Sweetgrass hydrosol is my favorite for this.
- Feet: Soak your feet in a cool foot bath with Peppermint or Spearmint hydrosol. Or add to a spray bottle and just give them a cooling mist whenever you want to refresh your “dogs”.
- Animal Care: I could do an entire blog post just on the uses of hydrosols for animals. Suffice it to say that where I would never use essential oils on my pets, I wouldn’t hesitate to use hydrosols. You can use hydrosols for hot spots, for washing infected ears, for rinsing fur that has mange (which is a fungal condition), for rinsing wounds and even just cleaning their little faces. My pug Sassy frequently gets a cleaning with hydrosols and a washcloth. Pugs have those charming face wrinkles, but they reallyhold the dirt! I like to wipe her face with chamomile hydrosol. It is even gentle enough to go over her bulging eyes.
Alright, now go through our reference links now -